Sunday, January 9, 2011

* Sigh of Relief *

She gave it up.

Don't know what finally caused her to come to her senses.

I wish I could tell you I handled everything well. 


I didn't. 

I had to ask for forgiveness.


The whole house is vacuumed and some parts re-vacuumed.

She has apologized,
Her demeanor is softened. 
She sat on my lap and gave me a hug. 
When I was done praying she said, "My turn" and prayed for a new heart.
Now she is singing "Gloria".


It's only a few short hours until morning and the
"dreaded morning routine"
where all her promises will be put to the test.

(The morning routine is just the thing she has chosen to gain control.
It wouldn't matter if I did anything to change up the morning routine.
She would find something else to have an issue with.)

****
A quote brought in yesterday's sermon stuck with me and I haven't stopped thinking about it. 
Wishing I had controlled my emotions better, 
but I'm thinking
I'll have thousands of opportunities just like today's to redo. . .

  The real greatness of the man is measured by the power of the feelings that he controls, 
not by those that control him.
{Patriarchs and Prophets 567.3}
****

WOW~ 
I have had quite a number of beautiful, encouraging emails and comments, lately.
Thanks!!
Much appreciated!
One gal wrote me a little poem about Buster.
A young lady shared how she struggled as a child - and the root of the trouble was a lack of love.
Her words of advice well taken.
Lots of moms sharing that this week is particularly hard for all of them and their adopted kiddos.
One reader shared how she was an adopted child.
And of course, one mama keeps encouraging me to stay connected to the WORD.

Blessings to all.

No comments: