Monday, November 8, 2010

You Have Cats in Your Belly?

When in a really tough spot with Missy I sometimes try to recite Psalm 139 to her and personalize it. The reason I say try is because today I blanked out on the words and had to just summarize the meaning of it for her. Get me under a little stress and my brain turns to mush. I couldn't even remember enough to sing the song version of it.  You'll just have to trust me when I say I have it memorized.

So, last night up on the mountain our only real genuine bit of conversation was because I brought up Psalm 139. When I get to the part about being formed by God in the mother's belly her interest kicks in big time. She invariably asks if she was born from my tummy. I have to say "no - whose tummy did God form you in?"

"The other mother's."

She has no desire to talk about that other mother. Her next question is, "Was sisters' made in your belly?"

And then the kicker... "You have cats in your belly?"

LOL! How many times do we have to go over this part? She draws all her ideas of the birthing process from her experience of watching the kittens being born last summer and so, anyone who has given birth has had kittens.That's all there is to it.

She also told me that she used to be a baby and was little once, but now she's BIG! I can't help but remind her that I believe you are only as big as you act. I'll have to say today she didn't act very big.

The good news is rest of our day was uneventful. I limited her world to the four walls of her bedroom. I wrapped her up in a blanket and put her to bed for a nap. When she woke up, to her dismay I was reading and praying at the foot of her bed. I served her lunch in there, gave her things to do and pretty much stuck with her for the duration of the day. She only was put back to bed one more time for disrespect and after that she played nicely. She was terribly worried she would have to eat supper in her room too, but when she asked me nicely if she could eat supper at the table I complimented her politeness and allowed her to join the family. She played quietly with Buster for an hour or so and it was back to bed for the night. No fight. Thank the Lord for that.

No comments: