Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On Gluten

I returned Gluten to Buster's diet Monday. I thought I hadn't seen any difference in him since being strict with his diet, but now his flaming red cheeks are back. Is that a sign of a deeper problem? Can he live with red hot cheeks?

I have not returned Missy to the regular diet ... except that I realized today that at Friday supper I gave her two fajita wraps. It never dawned on me what I had done. In fact for the next couple of days I was wondering who had inadvertently fed her something on her on her "no-eat list". Her rash returned, her breath went South, and her congestion returned for about 2 days. In fact I was even wondering if soy could also be a problem for her.  I can't believe it. The culprit was me!

I'm to the point of deciding that there is enough evidence to take the plunge and have them tested for allergies. I'm thinking of using  Entero Lab . It's just the $$ that kind of play into how soon I do this.

5 comments:

C Dawn's bucket said...

Something to think about is that they will need to be consuming gluten for some time before they go for the allergy test in order to get a conclusive result.

Kelly said...

Interesting. Maybe you are getting to the bottom of some of their issues. Hope so. Wouldn't that be great. :)

acceptance with joy said...

Actually, if you have the gluten sensitivity tested through Entero you do not have to be eating it to get a reaction to the test. This is a totally different test and much more accurate than blood tests.

La Tea Dah said...

If Buster's cheeks are rosy from eating gluten --- it's quite likely that invisible results are active as well. I've heard good things about Entero Labs.

Difference2This1 said...

Thank you for posting this link to this lab...I am very interested in the casein test. Did you think about testing their IgA?? A few people suggested we do that for our daughter who we think has the food issues that impact her behavior(blood test shows no food allergies) so we're hoping to get the immunity tests and tests for "leaky gut" soon. It is certainly a journey to figure this all out, isn't it? Blessings, Jennifer