Monday, November 1, 2010

Time Passes Slowly When You are Waiting for it to Hurry UP!

But I think Missy is finally getting over the hot chocolate.

My hubby is having a hard time believing my theory. He says "That's just who she is". He's having a  time of it thinking that a 1/2 a cup of hot chocolate could cause her two days of tantrums and misery, but I'm not having a problem seeing it ....  I'm quite weary of experiencing  it. Another blogger left me a comment saying her daughter has similar problems with milk and that it takes 24 - 36 hours for it to get out of her system. She mentioned that her daughter is affected in her sleep as well as the day, which is something we had not connected, but the girls were complaining that Missy is so noisy in her sleep lately that it's disturbing them even though they are not in the same room. I certainly appreciate the willingness to share... glad to know I'm not crazy. I'm determined that NO milk product in any shape or form will be allowed in this child's diet until I am dead certain that I'm wrong.

I haven't a clue what Buster's issue is, but I had to interrupt the writing of this post to take a screaming, tantruming kid out in the dark for yet another hike. Hiking in mild weather under the moon is one thing, hiking in the pouring rain and pitch blackness is another. We had to modify our route seeing we could hardly take a step without sliding backwards three in the mud. We made it to the first ridge and then wandered the lower hillside following the dog's lead. Buster was screaming and very rude and disrespectful in his words, but as he realized the difficulty of climbing the wet path his tune changed and I couldn't help but laugh. He was yelling, "Help Lord! Please help me Lord! LORD HELP US! Help us LORD!!!!!" I showed him that it was easier walking on the grass than on the slippery mud. I told him he was done talking and shrieking at me and to just follow with his lips zipped. He obeyed and the tantrum was over way quicker than it was last night. We were home in 30 minutes totally soaked, but actually it turned into a fun adventure. I accidentally splashed into a deep puddle and Buster started laughing and that was the end of his anger. He apologized profusely before we reached home and said he'd never do that again. I accepted it, of course, but reminded him that those were his exact words last night and that I could totally expect it to happen again tomorrow unless he chose to make a decided change in the way he handled his frustrations and anger.

And so, the saga continues. . . .

No comments: