Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Way of the Transgressor is Hard...

and unreasonable.

Missy lashed out at Christina for no reason, then turned it on Brianna.

Why?

I haven't a clue. They just made her a plate of lunch and asked her to wash up and sit on her chair.

I held her on my lap for a long while. I told her she can't talk like that. She continued to rudely yell that she wanted to "eat now". I waited until she was quiet, asked for a smile and told her to go and ask Brianna nicely for her lunch.

SHE WOULD NOT.

I left her to think about it on a chair in her room while I went up for something to eat. I guess the more she thought about it the madder she got. Then she started screaming.

There's a chair behind the house where there are no windows. We call that The Crying Place.  You want to scream and holler? Go right ahead. No one cares to listen, though, so you have to sit in the crying place.

She had a royal tantrum for a couple of hours. Every once in awhile I'd ask if she was done yet. I told her to come in once when I thought she had been quiet for awhile. She wouldn't.

It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

The way of the transgressor is hard.

I asked what she gained by all this?
Nothing.
How did it help her?
It didn't.
Why does she do it?
Don't know.

3 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

The word of God calls it,

"outbursts of anger."

The deeds of the flesh are repulsive, illogical and down right destructive.

Missy has been allowed to feed her flesh for year and years--no restraints.

Praying.

Love,
S

GB's Mom said...

I know Buster's rages are frightening. Biting is a very primitive reflex. Praying for you.

La Tea Dah said...

You just be exhausted, Angela. Praying for you.