Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Hike

It had been a rough few days with Buster. 
It came to a head yesterday morning and I knew it was time for a hike.
I packed a back-pack with some food and water jugs
and a book for me.
And we left.
I had no idea how long it would take.
It wasn't exactly fun.
The attitude was STRONG.
We went up our mountain and down the other side,
up the next and down the other side 
and 
up the next mountain
and followed the deer trail along the ridge of the chain.

Here are some of our pictures:

After some rather major climbing, Buster puts his hand on his heart
and says,
Oh mom! My heart is beeping!!

 We sat and watched the deer for a long time. 
They were not afraid of us and actually came closer to have a better look.
 The mushrooms make me think of miniature forests
 Found this tree when we were having a hard time finding our way out of the thick trees.
I thought, great!!! 
This should help us.

Yeah, think again.
It had no instructions on it.

 Elk?
 ?

 ?
Buster and I were very glad for home
and hot food
and bed.
PS. Buster is doing great today.
But here's the problem:
Since I gave everything I had to work with him,
his twin is a complete wreck today.
If I spend too much time helping her get over the constant screaming and defience,
he'll backslide.
I just can't seem to be enough.

No comments: