Monday, November 1, 2010

Rabbit-Rabbit!

Today the kids have been home 8 months.

Around here all the kids play a game where they try to be the first person to say rabbit-rabbit on the first of the month. So, rabbit-rabbit y'all!

Here's hoping and praying today will not resemble yesterday in the least. The day ended with me and Buster near the top of the mountain. I hiked too fast and couldn't make the top because of asthma. We sat on the grass and looked out over the lights of town and talked about how far the little guy has come and how much he's grown and learned. We also talked about lying and the tantrum that ensued when he was caught. The night was warm and beautiful.  The view spectacular even in the dark.  Coming down was a little difficult as the lights of the town dazzled my eyes and I basically just followed the dog's tail. The dark freaks Buster out, but I think it was a good exercise in trusting Mom to take care of him and that there is nothing really out there to harm him. We decided he could practice being a big boy instead of falling to pieces when things don't go his way.

Missy's day was hard but she slowly mellowed out through the day. When Buster started his tantrum she went into fight-or-flight mode. Her heart was racing and she was near panic. I had to stop dealing with him to scrape her off the ceiling. This morning she seems back to normal, at least, so far so good.

I started to catch the lousy cold/flue that's going around, but I fought it with all I had and basically only ate green drink made from kale, parsley and other greens with whole lemons and garlic cloves, drank a ton of water along with some extra vit. C. Today I feel great, but I'm sticking with the green drink for awhile.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Hard to believe it has been 8 months!
You are doing a great job!

Daniela said...

This is so funny - I used to play this "Rabbit Rabbit" game as well when I was a child!