Sunday, November 21, 2010

Verse for the Week

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12

Regardless of their language issues, the children have pretty much memorized last week's verse. Missy puts it out of order, but she understands the meaning and intent of the verse.  
We'll keep working on it to keep it fresh. It applies to nearly every situation and is a fact of life.
I appreciate that it shows the positive and what could be if one chooses good. It's kind of funny to hear Buster pray; he gets the meaning. He frequently uses the word 'understand or understanding' in his prayers now.

"Good understanding gains favor; 
but the way of the sinner is hard.  
Proverbs 13:15"
We are in a very tough place with both children  and it may be testing to see how secure their place in our home is, or it could be a number of other things. Most often they choose the way of the sinner.... Whatever their goal, we've tightened the ropes and we are going for the heart.  
I prefer to teach the children from the King James or the New King James as I love the flow of the words, but I'm having to replace some difficult  words with words they can understand or there would be recitation without thought and that would defeat the purpose. 

I actually slept last night. It felt good. I never heard the girls feeding the kittens in the night or anything. We've lost one kitten. It died in my hands during church.  We think this one was injured or something and it lost it's drive to eat and it was too late when we started force feedings. The other four are thriving on the goats milk Brian brought us. 

We were invited out for lunch yesterday. It was a real blessing. We always enjoy our time with Tom and Cindy and their family. We didn't get there without a battle.  There was screaming and throwing cups and refusing to change clothes, etc.... Buster had to stay by dad for the entire visit. We didn't give him opportunity to dominate conversations or anything. He sat by dad and looked at books and did a few puzzles and such while his sister, who thrives on "going out" played in the snow with the big girls and fed the horses and was good as gold.  I tell you what, good understanding gains favor; but the way of the sinner is hard!
 Tom and Cindy's happy kid!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for posting your verses... I am having Sarah write verses out daily to memorize. Your verse for today is a GREAT one. I may have to start posting the ones she is doing. Praying that it will help. Hope you are all doing well or better :)

Mama in Uganda said...

Keep having them listen to scripture--even memorizing it. There is a promise that comes with the Word of God--it will NOT return void!

Blessings from the North,
S