Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reality Check

I am not doing very well at posting a picture a day. Look how many days I have already missed in the first two weeks of January!

It's kind of like the new Bible reading plan I embarked on. Reading so many chapters a day isn't really my style, I guess. Too easy to miss the important things when one has to read so fast.

Okay, so don't laugh. I saw this little picture and thought,

"Aw, what a dream."

And I promptly went to work on mine...

and that was hardly a dream.

After finding a place for the chainsaw, the peat moss, the worm bin, the honey comb, the various and sundry pieces of wood, rabbit bottles and paint cans.... Missy and I scrubbed the floor.

We stood back and were very proud of ourselves.

Then I made the mistake of looking back at that picture.

Reality check.

What can I say?

It's clean. It's functional and it's big. What more can you ask for?


We do more than laundry in here.

****

People are noticing something about Missy.
She's changing. more observant. talking more. able to take in more than one stimuli at a time.
She's also happy.
AND you should hear her play Twinkle on that violin!!
Miracle of miracles.
She loves it.

*** 
We had a couple of good days of school with James by the end of the week.
He started to get serious
and I figured out a couple of triggers.
We're both finding out how to do this.
He's been happier and easier, 
but not without testing me in other little areas
of life. 

***

My kitchen has turned into a driving range.
crazy fun.
****

2 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

I totally get the laundry room, oh how nice it would be if mine looked like that too, I would need to hire someone to keep it looking that beautiful though.
So glad to hear that Missy is growing, it is so good to hear that from others, it always makes my heart swell when I hear stuff like that.

~marci~ said...

Your laundry room has shelves?! And it is big?! I'd show you a picture of mine....but there is no space to get a picture :P It is also a pantry and has a sink, but no space for our laundry baskets~anywhere!
Love your kitchen floor games!