Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Testing

Missy has been throwing a royal tantrum this morning because I had the audacity to sent her back to the barn to give her rabbit water - again. I checked up on her and a drip in the bottom of the rabbit dish won't cut it....

Really, this is a test.

Just a test.

She screamed it out in her room while we ate breakfast. It took all of 15 minutes to realize mom isn't going to panic and let her off the hook just because it is a school day. School is the most important thing in her life right now and she will be careful about that, I think..... I have to get James to his school on time regardless of what she does, though, and so it is tricky, since everyone else left the house at 6:30 this morning and I am on my own.

There is plenty of gas in the tank. If I have to drive her back home to finish up before I drive her to school, so be it.

Our English Language School was busting with new people last night. The church was FULL of people. Very fun. After the classes I found myself surrounded by teachers as we were cleaning up. One is a special ed teacher. She has worked with kids from trauma. I picked their brains last night, so I have some ideas. They said not to give in, but gave me some ways to try and move him out of the rut.

We shall see how it goes.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad you got some new ideas. Hope it helps.

Delaney started "playing dumb" about her homework yesterday and I thought of you and Buster. I told her I had all night, with no plans and she could sit and write the wrong answers as long as she wanted to but I would be no part of it. I let her know I was available to answer any questions when she got serious about her work. I then circled, really big, all the ones she got wrong so her teacher could see and she didn't like that at all. She wants her teacher and everyone else to think she is perfect so this straightened things out relatively quickly. She was not happy when she couldn't get the circles erased completely and she knew her teacher would know she wasn't doing her best work. :)

She has been difficult ever since she went back to school from break. She is little miss sass, queen of the house, no one is to tell her what to do because she is perfect and knows all, she is better than all of us and we are all stupid and mean. UGH. This is what a simple compliment or two from someone other than family does to her. She has been declaring how pretty she is and how sweet she is and how perfect she is and how much she loves herself and how much everyone at school loves her so much...and we don't because she gets in trouble at home for NOTHING. Sigh.

Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. lol