Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Total Bed Rest {One of those TMI Posts}

So Buster is on total bed rest.

He was miserable when I went to get him out of bed this morning. Didn't want to get up. Said he was sick and proceeded to work up to vomiting.

I've become a cynic. 

I said, "Go ahead and pretend to be sick and vomit."

He stopped mid-gag.

He refused to get moving, however, so I set the timer to motivate him and it didn't. Steve went in and ascertained that the child needed 24 hours of bed rest. We are past working our tails off to accomplish nothing.

See, last time he didn't feel like getting up and tried out the vomiting thing I wasn't sure if he was sick or not, so I called his teacher and told her he wouldn't be there. Shortly after he was "miraculously" healed. And yes, he had vomited twice. The first time I wasn't believing him. The second time made me question and it turned out he wasn't sick at all.

No one told me I would become a mind reader and detective some day.

Oh, and Mr. Try-to-Get-Your-Own-Way pooped his pants a second time yesterday when I told him to get busy with his laundry. You'll probably think I'm crazy to learn that I told him to sit on the throne and not to get off until he had used it.

How can someone still have something to go after pooping himself twice?

Call it mother's intuition, but I was right.

He fussed and cried and carried-on for quite awhile and finally he called me and said he'd done it.

{One solitary rabbit pellet.}

And I didn't accept it.

He screamed and yelled and cried and finally did his job. These kids with holding patterns have an unbelievable colon size. I'm not making that up!

The whole scenario is Deja vu of a year ago.


It's two steps forward, one step back. Three steps forwards and four steps back. Sometimes it seems there is no progress only retreating, but we'll get through this and he'll come around. I suspect he won't enjoy an entire 24 hours in bed. Tomorrow he'll be up and at her early.

We'll get there eventually.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my, I am so glad I don't have the bathroom issues at my house. I really don't think I would do well with that.

Good move on the 24 hours of bed rest. If he is anything like Jackson, he will not like that after about 30-45 min and 24 hours will heal him for a long time. :)

Mama in Uganda said...

We have also had the 24 hour bed rest, with mom's special "tea," too. Let's just say, that hasn't happened again :-)

Blessings and wisdom,
Summer

That Mom Kelly said...

What on earth is the deal with that!!! Bradley has been pooping his pants everyday at school on purpose!!