Monday, December 5, 2011

Good Old PJ's

Buster Brown went to school in his pj's this morning. He wouldn't get a move on. I couldn't figure it out because even though we have been busy with J2B I have had someone at home every evening to put the kiddos to bed on time. He is a crank if he doesn't get his sleep. Vanessa came up the stairs this morning and told me that he wouldn't go to sleep for her last night, so that explains the crabbies this morning. I wrote the teacher a note. She's pretty understanding.

Missy has testing this afternoon.

I'm trying to help Missy learn to sit still. I'm having her sit quietly to learn to relax. She used to do better in church and story time than she is doing now. It's become her her "thing" and I am struggling to enjoy church or prayer mtg and even worship. She is constantly jabbering or wiggling or doing something and I want her to stop and just think. Some of you are going "Hello - get a life!" Sorry, she can learn. This is an important skill she must attain. So, for a few minutes each day I am asking her to sit tall and quiet. She's not very willing at this point. In fact she has lasted 11 seconds each and every time she has said she was ready. I will start timing the few minutes once she starts cooperating. Until then, we'll just wait. No problem. I'm in no hurry.

4 comments:

:)De said...

Have you ever used "strong sitting" with them? I too think that children have to learn to sit still and we practice strong sitting. We start very short and then build them up to the appropriate time. I don't use it as a punishment...only as practice to make them strong.

Peace

The Kibidula Bulletin Board said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I was going to ask about strong sitting too. I am going to be using it with mine who is afraid to stop moving and talking too. ;)

Dawn said...

I forgot to say, if you google "christine moers, strong sitting" she has a great video to show it in action.