Saturday, December 10, 2011

'Puter Trouble

We are socked in with fog. Yucky, grey, thick fog has settled in the valley. Those who live up on the mountains are in the sunshine. Staying home with a migraine this morning - this is perfect weather for creating migraines. Headaches don't usually slow me down a lot.... but this whole week has been a whirlwind and I'm crashing and in need of silence.

Speaking of Crashing. Our PC crashed... the one that hold the photos, my  book, Brianna's research paper due soon, the one that holds the details for the Christmas program along with the bulletins, Vanessa's recent school papers, and more. This is the computer connected to the copier/scanner/printers, etc....

Christina went down to use it last evening and it was blank. All there was to see was a blue screen. I played around with it and I can tell that there is stuff there - just no way to access it.

I'm not falling apart over it. I do feel bad for Brianna and I pray the Lord will help her with that paper on which hangs so much. I do back up stuff occasionally, but I may have lost all the photos from this past summer and fall. I did have an unpublished book all organized and ready for printing and that may be a total loss. I have the raw material backed up, but it took me weeks and weeks to edit and format it and re-edit it.  I don't know if we'll salvage anything, but I'm not going to stress about it. The Lord giveth..... and He can take away, or restore, and I know He will care for us. We'll try to get some advice tomorrow. I do know that I really like this MacBook a lot right now :-)

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

My macbook and I are tight :)

Oldqueen44 said...

I hope you get it all back. I'll bet you have a pit in your stomach.

Melanie said...

Many computer "repair" people will say there is nothing they can do to restore data. Trust me and take it to several try to find a company that deals with businesses rather than individuals. Also, Carbonite.com is an amazing backup site. I recently bought a new computer and in a matter of hours all of my files were on the new laptop right where I needed them.