Thursday, March 18, 2010

To the Doctor

We had our visit with the doctor this morning.

We have a prescription for a laxative to work with the constipation and to help with a routine.
We are completely taking the kids off the sedatives.
Little guy has tubes in his ears that are coming out on their own, soon.
Little Girl has hearing loss in both ears to be investigated further with an audiologist.
Little guy has vision issues and it is suspected that he will need glasses.
An appointment is being made by the clinic for Children's to see about Little Girl's clef palate.
The clinic is willing to help me get the kids in speech and occupational therapy if I don't get into the place I chose here.

I am pleased with the clinic. It was extra special that the nurse is a friend of ours.

The day started off rough. Little Man would not cooperate with getting dressed or going potty, etc... I've been working with them to dress themselves and get their shoes on, etc... and they have really done well. They dress quickly and run and play.... but if they chose not to do anything they can pretend pretty well that they can't. He put his underwear on sideways twice on purpose. Consequently, we didn't have time for breakfast before we left. Little girl ate, but Little Guy and I were doing well to get in the car. I'm not the most patient person in the world. That's a fact! So, it was pretty trying to me.

When we got home the twins switched places and she started tantruming and he was good as gold and really using her naughtiness to his advantage. - You know, "What a good boy I am!" So, while she hollered in time out he ate and went on the zip line and went for a hike with Brianna. She managed to throw herself off the chair and bruise her back. I'm thinking I need to use a lower stool, or something where she can't hurt herself. I have to say her tantrum was not so bad - as far as what she did that first day, but she cried a lot and was not willing to work with me so she stayed there until she was done with the obstinacy. I had never heard "You, FAT BABY " as an insult before. It was almost hard not to laugh. If that's the wost she can think of to say then I have a lot to be grateful for. She was finally willing to let me pray with her and take her potty and all that, but she's not exactly cheerful. It's a funny thing - he was really frustrating this morning, but I felt nothing about this shenanigan with her. Maybe it's because I'm not under a time constraint and most likely because I did a fair amount of praying on the drive to and from town.

Oh... DH went to the doctor, too. He's in severe pain. Vanessa's driving him around to his appointments. He moves like a old, old man.

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Amen! You do have a lot to be grateful for! You are doing great and it will get easier.

Kelly said...

Oh, reading your posts brings me back to the very beginning with my two. All the appointments and tantrums. The, one was golden other was NOT. The, look how good I am being while the other is being bad.

Things will improve. And the things that don't improve you will get more used to. :) We are, honestly, still working on some of the same things we were working on from the very beginning but mostly they present as "normal" little kids and that was my initial goal.

Adeye said...

Oh you have sooooo much to be thankful for, friend. God is AWESOME to your family...He'll lead and guide you every step of the way as you journey this road.