Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Day

It's very good to get feedback from those of you who leave comments. I take each suggestion seriously and I appreciate the various perspectives and the ideas from people who have been-there-done-that. It's been a full day and I'm tired, but it's only 1:40.

Each and every time we have taken the kids to the bathroom today has been a battle. Right after breakfast they sat for about 10 minutes and whined about not wanting to go poop. Finally I showered the boy and soon as he was out with a towel I put her in... I went in search of a clean pair of underwear and came back to find him peeing on the carpet and her pooping in the shower. They were both whisked to the toilets and told in no uncertain terms they would not be getting up until they had pooped. They were silent and knew they were in deep... In less than 5 minutes they both had gone potty!!! They were quiet and good for quite awhile after that. Little Missy took a long time cleaning the tub.

I dressed them and sent them outdoors while I cleaned house because at 11 AAI came for a follow-up visit. Before the lady arrived I was on the phone to the sw and this is where I really felt discouraged and defeated. Tomorrow we are taking the kids to yonder city for what we were told was a sibling visit - with the other families. I found out it's actually a visit with the biomom and the siblings (remember she was suppose to make her way to our distant city for her visit!!!) and it appears we are not allowed in. We are to drop them off for FOUR hours. I didn't say anything, but I'm really upset about it. I made it clear that there were to be absolutely NO swear words in the children's hearing and I expect them to be taken to the potty at regular intervals and that they WILL mess themselves and someone WILL have to clean them up.

I'm upset because everything we have accomplished the last three weeks will go down the drain because I have been promising them I WILL NOT LEAVE THEM and thanks to ss I have to leave them with the very people they don't feel safe with. I tried to tell little Girl that she would be seeing her sw tomorrow and she said, "NO" and put her head down. It's just too soon. Three weeks is not enough time for them to feel like we won't get rid of them or there is some new unhappy surprise around the corner. Remember no one told the kids that we were going to be their new parents until it was obvious. They just had to go along with whatever happened, whenever it happened. I find it terribly upsetting - what about them?

B mom has said she will relinquish on April ** at the hearing and so her last visit would be April **, apparently - if ....

Our AAI visit went fine. The tw*ns were insecure about it. They figured it was about them and it was supper unsettling. Little Missy plagued me about not leaving her in a constant stream of half intelligible words. We sent them out to play with Christina and they behaved badly and had to be in time out, etc... all through the visit. It could have been enjoyable otherwise.

It's going to be a very LONG and trying day tomorrow.

Someone asked: the tw*ns are 6 years old.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

UUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! I don't know where you live in relation to me but you can probably hear me scream no matter how far. This makes me beyond angry. This is unacceptable and not in the children's best interest period. I can understand you being upset and you will be starting over and it could even be worse after this visit. I don't mean to discourage you but there is no way to candy coat this. Our two were so bad and reverted back and went crazy after visits. Oh, I am so sorry for you and for the kids. Bless their hearts. :(

momof4boys said...

Oh so sorry!!! I want to cry for you! It would always take two months to get Ian back to normal after his mom would show up. He would calmly process it all for about two weeks actually, and then all hell would break loose for two months. It happened that way every time! It took him two weeks to process anything then we all suffered. Oh, I have so many feeling toward social workers. I won't go there. I'll be praying for your kids and for you!

stellarparenting.com said...

you have every right to be angry, that is not how things should work. Fight for them because no one else will by documenting (taping if possible) each and every regressive behaviour and comment that is made after seeing bio mom, it might help. Hang in there.

susieloulou said...

Praying for your wounded little sweethearts!