Sunday, March 21, 2010

Incremental

Little Missy is making progress. It's incremental, but each day there is progress. I've come to the point where on short trips about town or church or to the River, etc... I tell the kids when they get in the car, "We are not bringing extra clothes, or panties/underwear and no diapers or wipes, so you need to stay dry and clean". It's a funny thing - they can do pretty well most of the time. She almost never wets anymore, except when she is playing outside. Night time pull ups are usually dry. She even used a friend's toilet and left a rabbit pellet and the rabbit pellets at home are becoming more frequent.

Little Boy had a No-good-very-bad-day yesterday. He was hauled home in the middle of church in a very defiant mood. He unbuckled his car seat on the way home so I had to pull over and re-buckle. He raged on his time-out -chair for a LONG time. He missed out on a lot of things because of it. I called Steve and told him not to come home with the girls. Good friends took them home for lunch... and they didn't come home for several hours. I worked with him and prayed over him and ignored him and worked over him and prayed and sang and read my Bible aloud... He has quite a vocabulary!

Little Missy was VERY clingy when she got home. She was gone from me a bit too long, but she seemed to get back to comfortable on our walk at Blackbird.

The invisible ties to the bedposts are gone. . . that didn't last long. They sneak into our room in the morning and into our bed if we don't get up fast enough to suite them.

Steve is taking time off of work due to his incapacitated back and he is behind me on the 100% obedience and respect requirements. Little Boy's defiance doesn't stand a chance. Right?

Question: does anyone know of any tricks to stimulate imaginary play? She's in the bathtub at the moment. She doesn't do a thing but sit there. If I throw in some toys she just looks at them. I gave her some cups and spoons and containers to pretend with and she doesn't know what to do with them. It's like a blank.

To make you smile: This morning I gave Missy her miralax in water (they don't like juice much) and she asked why she had to drink it. I told her it was medicine from the doctor to help her go poop. She sat on the toilet and pooped a rabbit pellet and says "there, I pooped" and shoved the cup away. HA! Not so fast little girl. She also spilled most of it - whether or not it was on purpose, I have no idea but I refilled it for her.

Don't tell me these kids don't know what's going on!

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

Ian used to play one of three things for hours on end and nothing else. It was "hurting himself playing hockey", "thowing teddy bears )with thier arms tied) into the lions den" (that's nice isn't it? It's from the Bible. sigh!), and riding his bike up and down the driveway literally for hours. I had to revert back to childhood for his sake every now and then daily. I had to rediscover my own childhood imagination and play with him, building houses in the sand and roads and driving cars and talking outloud everything that was happening. I climbed trees and pretended stories outloud for him. I built him things out of twigs and rocks and grass, I drove match box cars and made driving noises.
Pretty soon he was on his own and then the trouble was getting him to stop playing so he could do his chores.

stellarparenting.com said...

ugg I hate it when I typr a good long comment and then blogger eats it. I have soem suggestions but I have to go make dinner, I'll be back!