Sunday, March 7, 2010

Testing the Boundaries

Forget what I said about avoiding the trauma today....

Right at pajama time Little Girl decided to run away instead of coming when called. She tried it a couple of times. I brought her back, but on the third time it was clear to me she was testing to see what I would do if she went the opposite way when I called her. She ran clear downstairs and turned around and laughed when I caught up to her - as though it were some fun game. I picked her up and explained that when mommy calls you must come or you are disobeying. I told her that she was going to bed right away (a whole 15 minutes earlier than brother) so that she would learn to come when I called.

Oh, the heart rending sobs!! So far she's been the good little girl and brother is the one who gets into trouble for this very thing. She was so heart broken. I prayed with her and sang to her and held her while the big girls carried on the story time with Little Guy. She cried for a long time. I asked her what she was going to do when I called next time and she said she would come. She absolutely understood. She called out "mommy!" several times and I went back and reassured her. The last time she said her throat hurts. Oh, dear! Just what we've been dreading. This sickness is really going around.

I am grateful to say both littles are asleep. Now for a minute for my newly displaced "youngest".

No comments: