Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Day

I'm trying to celebrate the small victories; like the fact that in the middle of my transaction at the Bank of America Little Girl started saying she needed to go potty. . . and in every other building we entered after that. I remember the girls doing that. It was like they had to see every bathroom in town . . . She went every time and I made her brother go every time, too - but he still managed to have wet undies between. They did really well until after lunch when the pooping started. We managed to plug the writing teacher's toilet. I was very grateful to find the plunger hidden in the bathroom and avoided a disaster.

I'm trying to learn from my mistakes; like the mistake of eating burritos at our favorite (the only) fast food joint, Taco Bell, with these two. A near utter calamity.

The girls were trying to be cheerful and make light of their smelly situation by cracking jokes about the suburban actually being the sewer truck. The two oldest are handling things in a mature and kind manner. Christina had a total melt down last night and cried in self-pity. All this poop is not what she had in mind when she agreed to our family adopting.

We came home to bathing and changing first one child then the other, and then starting back at the first child and redoing it over and over. I couldn't even make supper... Missy was tired of it all and started to have a tantrum. She ended up in on the time-out chair with only a towel... however, it was a half-hearted tantrum and she soon agreed to get cleaned up and dressed again (after we washed the poop off the chair.) The next time around she was quite cheerful about it. Little man got grumpy and decided not to talk to me - only mumble and cry and whine. I held out on him until he decided to use words - about half an hour.

I was whipped by the time hubby came home. The kids were not even in bed yet, because I couldn't get them cleaned up long enough to complete story time. He took over and I just vegged on the couch.

I can't wait until the doctor's appointment tomorrow am. NOT that I think she can work any miracles... I know it's rather pathetic, but it's something to look forward to. Little man's cough has gotten way worse and I don't know what to do because when I tried to give him a cough drop he just swallowed it and the hydrotherapy treatments I would normally do on my children would make him think I'm out to kill him because of his fear of water and heat and cold.

Our friends left for Ethiopia despite the fact that their embassy date was canceled just before they left. Our other friend's child passed court yesterday in the same country. Our other friend's adoption in China has been delayed - yet again.

It's morning... here we go... Steve's home and he planned to help me, but he threw his back out and now he's flat on the floor totally incapable of doing a thing.

3 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

I hope that the appointment goess well and that today is a little calmer. I promise you that the poop issues will get better, it will take a while but it will happen!

Kelly said...

Oh my. Oh YUCK!!! My hat is off to you. God knows what we can handle and all this poop is not one for me. I am so thankful we didn't have to deal with this. I know it is very common with abused and neglected children but sooooo glad it wasn't an issue here. Bless your heart. My kids would not have done well with this AT ALL. Shew, so glad we were spared this.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Someday you'll all have a good laugh over this...in the meantime - hang in there!