Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good Qualities

I have to say they are pretty good kids.

When I put them in bed at night they do not get out of it until I tell them to in the morning. It's like they have some invisible ties to the bedpost. At first I was the only one who could tell them it was time to get up, but they have now learned that if the big girls say it's okay to get up, then it's okay.

They can hike a mountain without crying and fussing to be carried. We had other good hikers with us yesterday and amazingly none of them had trouble going up the steep parts. They motivated each other incredibly.

In Sabbath School they sit in their chairs and do exactly what the teacher tells them to do. They love the songs.

When they cry they cry quietly. I can hardly hear them. They might balk at something they are asked to do, but eventually they do it and give me a big grin when the task is accomplished. They want to please. They like to pray. They are cuddly.

Pray for us. Today we start potty training brother.

(Reading this some months later.... Boy, did I have the wool pulled over my eyes or what!! They just weren't comfortable enough to be themselves yet.)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Our older two have just begun to feel comfortable enough to get out of the bed if they need something or are sick. We are not completely there and I have to admit it is nice but it is part of their insecurity and lack of attachment. Beth threw up at nap time the other day and sat in it with it all over her face and hands and whimpered quietly until I just happen to hear her. They have been told soooo many times that if they are sick or need to use the bathroom they can get up. Nate needed to poop during the night about 4 nights ago and sat in his bed and cried until I heard him and went up and got him out of bed. It is very sad to me that they have been here 17 months and still don't feel comfortable enough to do this.

Beth and Nate both were pleasers about a lot of things for many months. Beth esp. She would do and say anything that she thought would make you happy. Truth or not. They are both more normal about things now and complain and fuss and misbehave like normal kids. So enjoy the pleasing while it lasts. :)

They used to cry quietly and would not come to me when they were hurt, ever. Now they will scream like they are dying but rarely come to me.

We are still working on all of these things plus some with our two. For the most part they are "normal" little kids but they still have insecurities and attachment issues. It takes time. Lots of time.

I love the play by play and it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job with them. So glad things are going so well.

Jenny said...

Wow! I love reading the play by play also. I went back and read from the beginning of you getting your twins. We are being considered for a placement of twin girls that are eight. We will know for sure in about 2 weeks. It sounds like you are doing a great job!