Monday, March 1, 2010

A Good First Day

I hardly know where to start.

The kids are so excited and happy and pleased to be here. They ran all over the mountainside, rode their bikes like crazy, visited the rabbits and the kittens several times, dragged their new big sisters everywhere, ate a good meal, enjoyed story time and cuddles and are quietly laying in their new beds. They chatter all the time. Whatever made me think Little Girl doesn't talk? Of her own accord, she has decided to call us mom and daddy. Little Guy is a bit hesitant - he's gone from using our first names to "hey you". Give him a few days and he'll follow in his sister's footsteps, I think. I wonder if foster mom told them to call us that? I have no idea. Poor lady, she cried when she left, but she said that this move was everything she ever wanted for these two. Interesting, when fostermom told the kids that they were coming here to stay Little Guy's big concern was that he thought we didn't go to church. All our visits have been during the week so even though we have had worship and pray together and say grace, it wasn't church! She assured him that we do indeed go to church and all was well.

Okay... so Little Guy is having a cry in his bed, so, signing off for now.

PS. TAKE a look at my "As it Happens Timeline". Notice the first and last dates!!!!!
Isn't God GOOD!!

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my dear friend, I have goosebumps all over. How AMAZING is the Lord???? How incredible are His ways???

Blown away!

Tony and Rett said...

I love following your journey!!!

God is just incredible! We don't deserve it!