Thursday, March 11, 2010

On Poop Patrol

Literally!

But hey, she hasn't wet her pants once today so we celebrate the victories.
She is quite proud of her accomplishment... and being a competitive little creature she is throwing it in the face of her tw*n who, actually, could care less.

" I a big girl. My panties dry. J's a baby! He wear diapers."

Alas, she is tired of washing poop out of panties with me and sitting on the toilet in hopes of a real job well done. It's all a great big process of cleaning up the mess and carrying the washed out panties down to the washing machine in a little bucket and taking another little bath or shower. She's even feeling a little ashamed and doesn't want me to see that her underwear are messed in. She managed the morning pretty well, but the longer the day went the more tired she felt and the less she could control her bowels and the less she felt like dealing with the problems it caused her. Well, hey, she ain't the only one! Anyway, she still went to bed happy about being dry all day. A little sleep will do her wonders and me. too. She's pretty funny - even when she doesn't mean to be and I'm glad she isn't fighting the process.

As for the Little Guy - we've found a solution for the fruit avoidance issue. Someone suggested smoothies and I brushed them off, because I was sure it was about taste.... however, I finally decided to try it and I called them milkshakes. I blended soy milk and fruit - apples, banana, frozen mango, etc... with a few flavorings and a heaping tablespoon of flax meal into a smoothie tonight and he drank two servings! Now I believe it's about texture and not likely about flavor. I was getting desperate since he hasn't had a bm since last Thursday. It's poop patrol one way or another - and there's no getting around it!

No comments: