Thursday, May 3, 2012

Testing

James still has services at the school for Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy. As a matter of course, his progress must be assessed quarterly and yearly. This is how it works. I understand the need and the reasoning. They have to tailor the therapy to match the needs.

ONLY

He's being compared on a graph to the norms. Every little thing that does not measure up to the "other children in the box" is noted. It starts to feel super negative when your kid doesn't fit the usual molds.
He can do very well, generally, but he is on the slow side, so his scores are low, and he doesn't measure up.

In the next few weeks it will be the testers' duty to share with me everything that needs to be "worked" on, everything that he is "behind" in, where he doesn't "compare" with other kids.

NICE.

***

On a happier note,

I didn't just reach 100 friends.

I have 104!!

And I'm still at 995 posts :-)  AMAZING! 

No comments: