Tuesday, February 22, 2011

B- Day

It's so good to have Bri home! She already made great pizza for our party. She made the cheese with a recipe she brought home made with coconut milk...




And it's great to have mom and dad here, too. We're having fun just being together. We celebrated the twins' birthday today. We made gluten-free cake and cupcakes because I wasn't sure one or the other would turn out. They both did and so did my concocted frosting... OBVIOUSLY!




We pulled out the dollhouse that was sent to Missy for Christmas and Mom put it together. It's a huge, gorgeous thing that I wonder if she will really learn to play with. It has a grand piano and a family of 4 and a canopy bed, etc... very nice. Buster doesn't have a clue how to play with lego, so Steve is on the floor playing legos.... I think for Missy, fish that she is, is the swim suit and goggles were her best present.



***

This morning Buster was having trouble with being happy and following directions so I suggested we go running again. I didn't know yesterday that it's a mile to the stop sign. Really, I didn't know!!! Anyway, he was less than thrilled about the idea, but he couldn't choose to be happy so we went 

and a funny thing
he stopped crying long before we went outside.

He ran ahead of me and when I put my hand on his back like I did yesterday
he said,
"No, mom, I can do it!!"

When we got to the stop sign I was congratulating him on his awesome running
and he said,
"I feel strong and powerful, it's really a delight!"

SAY WHAT?

Where are you getting all that vocabulary?
Must be good circulation happening to the brain. . . 
I'll remind you of that statement next time we go running.
Running 2 miles before breakfast two days in a row is a pretty good record for a little guy who hates to get off the couch. Maybe this is an answer to my prayer.

But notice how I"m having to run, too.

****

Christina got up at 5 and made her bread this morning. 
We're amazed at how her dollars are climbing towards her goal!

2 comments:

becky said...

what a fabulous doll house...wish I could play with her and it.

Kelly said...

"It's really a delight" LOL Too funny. You are wearing off on the kid. At least you know he has been listening to you!!