Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wise as a Serpent

The Lord has shown me that I need to be praying for grace to be as WISE as a Serpent and as Harmless as a Dove. (Matt 10:16)

I can't read minds. I really wish I could. It would solve a lot of problems for me. Instead I have to pray for wisdom. I wonder how Solomon would have dealt with Missy??

She "chose" not to go to the party after all by choosing to play a little manipulative game - a crafty, deceitful, disobedient trick. Very nearly hoodwinked, I asked God for discernment and her artfully webbed plan fell to pieces. She agreed that what she was up to was disobedience.

My hands trembled, my heart raced.... Oh the gaul! Oh the disappointment!! Here's where the harmless as a Dove comes in.. . . By one word, look or act of impatience I could further her rebellion, or I could direct her towards a higher aspiration.

The combination of wisdom and harmlessness is required to turn such an incident into a teachable moment that she'll never forget, the utmost care and finesse is essential in preserving her from going over the precipice of anger and frustration, and honestly, in and of myself I don't have what it takes. I'm human. I hate being tricked by a twerp one-seventh my age.... I did tell her I am not stupid, which, on further thought, is not all true, for without the enlightenment of God I might have been scammed....

I'm grateful. She's quietly performing a small duty for me and slowly accepting the fact that she herself "chose" NOT to go to the birthday affair while her brother has "chosen" to go.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is so hard and my tongue is my worst enemy at times. God is working on me about this but oh how far I have to go. so sorry she chose not to go to the party.