Monday, October 25, 2010

He Wrote His First Message

on his own.

Buster wrote U I Lf

I didn't decode the message. It took a college student to recognize the significance.  Vanessa says, "Do you know that this says I love you?"

And I looked and sure enough.

Actually, he had told me that himself, but I didn't look close enough, I guess. He ran out of room so he put the U before the I and Lf was as close phonetically as he could come. Upon reflection I realized he had asked me how to spell you, but I thought he needed to know how to make a U, so I drew it in the air with my finger. He looked at me puzzled but didn't say anything... and went ahead and wrote the u. The L is backwards, too. SO cute! I have letters that the girls wrote like that when they were little.

It's fun to see his mind stretch!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is beyond sweet. I tell you, I would frame that. That means so much more than just his first message. It is THE MESSAGE that means so much. Brings me to tears.

Oldqueen44 said...

How special that his first message was one from the heart.