Sunday, October 24, 2010

Heartfelt

Buster brought me a flower. It was some sort of dried up thing he found on the mountain.

Yes, the mountain.

He couldn't hold it together anymore and he had quite a hike on the mountain with dad.

He came back with a very sincere apology and the little flower in token of his heart.

He feels deeply. He really does.

We were able to go out to the river and walk in the falling leaves and enjoy a restful afternoon. He laughed and giggled, threw stones in the water and was his self again.

Later, while I was laying on my bed reading a book, he came to my door and peeked in the 3 inch crack and again said, "Mama, I'm sorry for.....  naming each little thing he had done and saying he never wanted to do that again. I called him in and gave him a hug. He's not much into hugs, but he obliged. (It's okay, it doesn't mean he's RAD or anything, my oldest daughter was never much into hugs, either.)

I think he had gone to bed too late the night before. We had had a bunch of people over for supper and worship and, even though I put them to bed before everyone left, it was later than usual and he was wound up. Matt and Manda have two boys and, of course, they brought their foster boys, too, so it was pretty exciting to have all those boys over. Brian and his kids came, too.

We've decided we are done with having a zero social life because of the twins. I don't even know how to visit with my old friends at church anymore. We're inviting people over and it's an adjustment on the twins, but we think it's important.

No comments: