Monday, October 11, 2010

Giving Thanks

It is Thanksgiving, after all, but it didn't really work out to make much note of it.... when in Rome do as the Romans do and wait until the harvest is completely gone from sight and Christmas is around the corner before celebrating the harvest and Thanksgiving.

But I am thankful.

Been thinking of my childhood Thanksgivings in Canada. I mostly remember spending them at the lake East of Sault Ste Marie  with tons of family and friends and plenty of pumkin pie for a whole blissful long weekend. It was a spiritual retreat and my best friends and cousins were always there just a cabin or two down the beach.We rowed boats, roasted corn on the cob over an open fire, discovered pudding stone on the mountain and sang until dark. It was the best holiday of the year.

Today I am thankful for the load of  apples we were given.

I'm thankful for the load of berries delivered by the berryman a couple hours ago. My freezer is officially full.

I'm thankful for my husband and that he is a praying man. I am thankful  he has a job - even if he is getting called off a lot.

I grateful Vanessa is doing well in her first REAL school experience. After getting a 99% on her test in Medical terminology and 90% on her Algebra test today she said, "I didn't know if I could be an A student, but now I know I can!" She's also very efficient in the house keeping the place in order.

I am thankful Brianna always wears a smile and is patient and helpful with the twins.I'm grateful she never gives up.

I am quite thankful Christina loves symphony! I've never heard so much flute practicing!!!!! She's matured a lot in the last two months. She's more patient, and gentle, flexible and looking more to the welfare of others. I'm quite proud of her new maturity.

I am grateful for every inch of progress the twins have made towards becoming whole and healed. From pasty, puffy faced "toddlers" barely able to run or talk, -  from dull eyes and daily-hourly- moment-by-moment screaming fits and uncompliant, unimaginative, incapable beings just existing day to day to happy, healthy, growing, loving kids with a future. They might still have their moments... but so do most kids.They are healing, changing before our very eyes.

Buster learning to jump rope today... 
yep! Wearing his broken glasses, but one lens is better than no lenses when you can't see.
By the way, striped socks are a must for jump rope.
 Missy and her emerging creativity and varied talent!
Brother joining the fun.
Missy "cooking"
.Jump rope again...

I have a lot to be thankful for. Could probably go on all night... but I'll keep it at that and thank the Lord for ALL His blessings and for Jesus, too.

Oh... and I can't forget, I am thankful for the nicest fall weather ever!! Amazing.

No comments: