Thursday, October 28, 2010

That Kind of Day

Steve and I walk first thing in the morning before the kids are awake. We pray and walk and talk. It doesn't happen every morning, but it's worth dragging myself out of bed in the cold when we do. Usually the dog is jumping for joy and all three cats run to meet us and walk with us for the first part. Well, this morning there were only two cats so I had a sneaking suspicion that Sasha had had kittens in the night.


Obviously, she did.
She is a good mommy and the dog is a great midwife.
There isn't a spec of evidence of a birthing in the garage at all, besides the 5 itty bitty babies, anyway.

After our walk I excitedly drug all the kids out of their beds to see the kittens. Missy was happy enough about the kittens, but my lands!! Everything else made her growl and fuss and fling things around and yell at everybody. WOW! I was not in the least prepared.

I did nothing but put fires out all morning. She was as contrary as they come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing pleased her except to cause trouble and to defy.

I gave her chance after chance to choose a better way.
I warned her of the ultimatum if she could not choose.
We had a social worker visit and even then she was incorrigible.

Then the screaming started.

Steve took her for a hike up the mountain. Eventually he had to go to work, so I climbed the mountain and took over. She had to stop screaming and walk quietly if she wanted to go home.

Finally she stopped.

She was covered in mud from throwing herself down and smearing her snotty nose with her filthy hands.

I got her in the shower and started the warm water and two seconds later she was hollering a different kind of unhappiness.

The water TANK is completely dry.

There isn't a thing she can do except wait for the tank to fill.
And it's taking a LONG time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to keep all the kittens? I love then and the mom and the dog!