Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hot Chocolate Is MILK!!!!!

Missy finally returned to normal after her encounter with the yogurt and was a happy little girl this morning. After lunch Steve took the twins and Vanessa with him to help at the homeless dinner. Not for one second did I consider she would get a taste of dairy while out of my sight for 2 hours.

The kid that went out the door is not the same kid that came back. She came in and immediate started tearing up stuff and acting out.

I'm like, "What did you let her have??????"

Only a cup of hot chocolate.

ACK!!!!!

Boy, I've got a struggle ahead. I'm not going to be able to let her go anywhere until we prove or disprove the theory. Vanessa says we need to have Missy tested so that there is no question in anyone's mind.  My idea is to keep her from the minutest bit of dairy or it's products for 2 solid weeks and then offer her another yogurt and see what happens. I guess we start our two weeks over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Has to be frustrating :(

susieloulou said...

I type for a gastroenterologist and she often recommends a "lactose stress test" by "avoiding all dairy products for one week and then consuming a couple glasses of milk."
So I'd say you are on the right track!