Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Art of Drawing

The kids have been home a year.

After 5 months in our home they started using crayons and drawing primitive pictures. Recorded HERE.

Today I noticed a slight improvement in Buster's drawings. People now have fingers and teeth ( and nostril hairs?) ....

and this is a portrait of his twin. She's wearing a hat. 
I laughed when I saw that he spelled her name (the name we call her, not her real name) phonetically. AnuJoe. Not exactly sure how the e fits in there but at the time he explain it it made perfect sense to him. (And you are still puzzled as to what we call her :-)
Little Missy's people now sport long curls and 25 fingers on each hand, but no body, though her legs have knees.
Not the most beautiful people in the world, but I have to keep track of their growth... so there you have it.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Remarkable improvement!!!

stellarparenting.com said...

progress is such a wonderful thing. My boys went through a similar progression with their writing abilities.

MyLinda said...

Who says we don't get to see "firsts" when we adopt older children?!! It's amazing to see the progress as it happens! I had to giggle at the no body but legs with knees...my oldest used to do that :)