Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Torrent of Words

There is a certain little someone who is NOT very nice to be around today. 

She doesn't learn very easily, either.

The words... oh the words!!! In a torrent akin to Niagara Falls they come spewing out.... 

For more than 4 miles.

Steve did the first 2 + miles and I did the second 2+ miles and I thought she would never quit.

Me:
stop talking
be quiet
no words
no words
shut your mouth
no words
no talking
quit screaming 
quiet
hey! if you want to keep running then keep on yelling at me.
we are not going to stop until I know that you are done with all the words
no words
no words
no words
just stop talking
okay... if you won't stop I'll just have to do my own talking
Praise the Lord!
Hallelujah
praise His name
Thank you for such trials as this child (can you believe I said that?)
The Lord is merciful and longsuffering
What a beautiful day...

and finally
I just sang with what little air I had. 
(And now I'm wheezing up a storm and can't catch my breath).

Finally:
Silence.

She doesn't learn easily.

After 10 minutes of complete silence she said,

"I sorry I scream and yell at you."

I'm sorry you scream and yell at me too, kiddo. It's not a good choice. 
I love you but I cannot love the ugliness that comes out of your mouth 
and your desire to have your own way. 

SELF is always ugly.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh mercy. I would have been dead and she would have had to drag me back to the house by my feet. You must be the "in-the-best-shape-mom" EVER with all the walking and mountain climbing you do. Shew. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Mama in Uganda said...

"OUT OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS."

It has to be ALL about a change of heart--possible through the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.

Strength be upon you,
Summer

Trinie said...

I replied to your message this morn. We missed you guys yesterday. We slept through the night with hardly any coughing and this morning, with the sunshine...I think we are going to get this this illness!! Maybe I can actually worship the Lord in church this Sabbath! Miss you....