Sunday, March 6, 2011

Obsessing!!!

My child is obsessing...

All last week she obsessed with going to every week of prayer meeting. She woke up with one thought on her mind, "Tonight, I go prayer meeting". . Her first words were about getting to the church for the service. Her conversation all day was about week of prayer and getting to go each night.

Her cooperation actually dictated whether or not she could go. If she was unreasonable and crying then that was a true sign she was needing to go to bed on time. She knew.

This whole going to the meeting bit,
It had nothing to do with prayer 
and everything 
to do with 
going. 

It wouldn't have mattered if we were planning a trip to the dump every night, she would have made a big deal of it. Actually, Steve went to the dump last week and she obsessed over that to the point of nearly driving us crazy and in the end she blew it royally and didn't get to go, but Buster did. 

He's obsessing, too. It's more manageable.He doesn't chew on your ear quite like she does and he isn't blowing a fuse quite the same if I need to say no.

Week of prayer is over. My parents left for home this morning. Today she obsessed about going with Christina to feed a friend's cat. I decided no. She was so mad about that!!! If she could have found a way to force me to let her go she would have. She ended up in bed early.

This feeding the cat thing, it's no event. There's no social happening. In fact, we drive down the road a few minutes and then Christina hops out of the car, feeds the cat and we drive the few minutes home.

WHAT"S THE BIG DEAL?????

It's so all consuming.

Tonight I told her, "Tomorrow, you are not going anywhere. Don't ask. Don't beg. Don't even think that if you are "happy" all day I'll let you go anywhere. You are NOT going anywhere. You cannot have everything you want at all times and you need to learn that."

Three minutes later she asks, "Tomorrow, I be good,  I go peed de cat?"

Agh!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

UGH. Jackson obsesses about anything and everything. I know for him, he didn't get to go anywhere before coming to us and so leaving the house for any reason is a special event. Jackson and Delaney had no idea what Walmart was the first time I took them. They were totally amazed. The mall was like Disney World for them. It is exhausting just listening to the obsessive talk about when, what to wear, fix his hair, tie his shoes... I did have to laugh, though, because I can hear the questions over and over in my head when reading this post. Ugh&LOL