Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Very Proud

Of Buster. He's been so even keel.

Stuff that used to set him off doesn't much anymore. I haven't seen an all out tantrum in 3 or 4 weeks. Today he did his little frenetic thing (a little acting out in frustration characterized by quick jerky movement and a mad look) when Brianna handed him an orange in the car. He can't be bothered by food that takes any kind of work. Bri took the orange back and said, "Fine, you'll just have to wait to eat then." That used to be a recipe for  disaster, but he just sat still and didn't say a word. He waited. Fifteen or twenty minutes later someone handed him other food and he thanked them. I was in the store when this transpired, but I heard about it and I was so worried that I could not get out of the store fast enough to prevent a total melt-down, but I was pleasantly surprised to find he happy and content.

He cried when Pepere and Memere left. He hates goodbyes. It took him awhile to adjust. He played alone, but came and cried on my lap, then went and played alone for awhile.

The last couple of days we've been working hard out in the garden. When I have no work for them they play together on the steep banks rolling and climbing and pretending to be firefighters letting down ropes for each other to help climb up out of the fiery pit, or whatever. After first Missy could not climb the bank. It's vertical behind the barn. The grass is dried and slippery and the sand pours down on the kids, but she worked and worked at it and learned.  I am thankful. They have an imagination. Somewhat limited, but it's there and growing. They are getting quite adventurous, too. This is so different from last year! I've decided to let them experiment and be as adventurous as they possibly can. I won't ever say anything about getting dirty, or being barefoot, or trying out new things so long as they are safe. I will be quiet and let them discover so long as they are being nice. 

Today was town day. Missy's been a controller. She's been tomato staked all day and we're working on her desire to force for her way by screaming, whining and fussing. I'm not allowing any of it.
Do all things without grumbling or disputing.  
Philippians 2:14

No comments: