Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three and Half Miles Later....

We're home from running the naughty I-want-my-way crying spell off of Buster. And what a different boy he is!!!! Even the girls are commenting on his change of attitude!

What is wrong with me?

Why does it take two days to remember what worked last time?????

I've had a migraine for a few days and I'm not able to shake it, so running with a pounding head wasn't really on my list of desired activities. Actually, I'm having a very hard time being patient at all. My big old SELF wants the fussing to end NOW so I can just sit and be quiet in my gray cloud and wish the pain away. Not  working out that way for me. :-) I think our little exercise may have helped a wee little bit, though.


So anyway, I'm soaked to the skin from the rain because I didn't wear a coat. We ran to the stop sign and were almost home when he decided to have a last fling with his bad attitude and I said a little prayer in my heart for love and patience and turned him around retraced our steps while I sang and he cried. I wouldn't face home till the cryin was done, which was almost all the way back to the stop sign.

Tomorrow we have choir practice... and our church won't have any power. Should be interesting...

I've been offered a job a few hours a week playing piano for really good pay. Not sure I need more responsibility, but the $$ would be useful. Praying about it. The girls have completely taken over my other piano/music leading job, but this other one also requires some choir directing - which scares me to death. Kids are one thing (even kids that know more about music than I do) but adults? That's just scary!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Hard to believe you have any fears at all, especially in the realm of music. From one adult to another, you have my full respect, and I would feel in very safe hands being in your choir! Step out of your comfort zone and go for it!! You will be a blessing to the people you meet, just because you are you!

~marci~ said...

If God is directing you~ He will direct the choir through you.

All that exercise you are getting...maybe I need...well 'nuff said. LOL

Marty Walden said...

I'm with you in the migraine situation. All I want is a quiet room, no lights, no movement. It's so hard to have one, function and be nice.

I miss directing choirs. It's one of the things I love most but we're at a church now without a choir, very contemporary.

You're going to be in great shape by the time the kids work out their rages!