Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet, Sweet 16

Sixteen years ago today on a wintry evening a little girl made her very quick entrance into the world. We had been at church meetings all day. I felt little tiny contractions all day about 5 minutes apart, but they were little tiny contractions... In the evening we went home and put our little 17 month old Vanessa to bed and I decided to take a hot bath. Suddenly my water broke and 3 hard contractions and 3 hard pushes later Brianna Grace made her entrance.

We weren't ready. Steve thought she would be a boy and as he caught her he said, "Well hello there, we don't have a name for you!!" LOL! That was okay, because in the back of my mind I had a name all picked out and she fit the name perfectly.

The neighbor lady knocked on the door and Steve hollered for her to please come up and help.Aunty June never forgets to send Brianna a birthday card every year.

The midwife was mad she'd missed the birth and that it was snowing, but we are glad she eventually came as she was helpful in getting the birth certificate papers filled out. Before she left she said, "Next time, don't call me. You don't need my help you can do it yourself." So, when Christina was born we took her advice and didn't hire a midwife. My mom caught that baby.

Brianna was a sweet baby. She never opened her eyes for three days! She was calm and quiet and content so long as someone was holding her. Try to put her down in her little bed at night and she was another story!!

Today she is 16 and we couldn't ever imagine life without her. We LOVE you.






6 comments:

becky said...

I love all the pix, thank you. Happy birthday bri. we love you too.

:)De said...

Happy Birthday, Brianna!

Leasa said...

Happy, happy birthday Brianna! If you were here, we'd sing to you - all three versions of the birthday song. I hope you had a wonderful celebration today. You are a blessing and I pray for extra blessings for you until March 4, 2012!

Trinie said...

Happy Birthday Brianna! What great pictures your mom posted! Let me know how your greenhouse comes along..we are considering one too!! Glad you are home safe! God's blessings on your...
The Morgan's

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Brianna.

What a birth story.

Marty Walden said...

Beautiful girl. Love sweet 16 birthdays. You are blessed and are a blessing.