Monday, March 21, 2011

Rough Time

Multiple things happened yesterday... all discouraging. All heartbreaking.

Not the least of which was some old behavior resurfacing from both of the twins. They were both really, really naughty. Incredibly so. Buster finally got a hold of himself and made a huge turn around. I expect more from Missy today. I do have a major plan to deal with this trouble today. You might hear more about it later.

In the trials God gives us glimpses of His care and moments of joy to treasure. He wants us to have courage and to have us look to Him for our strength and direction. He's given me an assignment I'd rather not have (not talking about the twins here) ... but I pray that I am obedient to every iota of His call on my life. We're talking the refiner's fire and very humbling experiences. Obviously, I needed humbling or why else would the Lord allow these things to come my way?

In other news, I have a spider bite. Must have been bitten last Wednesday or Thursday. I thought nothing of it. I'm thinking about it a lot now!! It hurts. I have a sliding glass door to a balcony in my bedroom. It's the only window, so in order to have fresh air you have to have the slider open which allows for a lot of critters to find their way into our room even with the screen. It's kind of a dumb arrangement, but I didn't build the house and so it is what it is. I killed a spider the size of a quarter the other day. He had evaded me for a week. He could traverse the walls and ceiling faster than I could track him. We started doing charcoal poultices last night and hoping my leg feels better by tonight.

5 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

Oh, I am so sorry friend.

Although, unfortunately, I understand.

Keep your gaze upon Jesus and His power to redeem.

Hugs from a Mama who is in the trenches with you,
S

Kelly said...

It must have been in the air yesterday. Jackson had a very bad day that started the moment he woke up, got worse and then ended at bedtime. UGH. Sorry your struggling.

GB's Mom said...

Make sure you get medical attention for the spider bite. They can get really nasty, fast. {{{Hugs}}}

Jennifer P said...

Agreed. Time change? Full moon? We have had quite a week with our challenging child as well, lying, stealing, defiance. Sorry that you are seeing behaviors surface. Marching on with you, fellow soldier of the Lord.

Oldqueen44 said...

Hope that bite isn't a brown recluse... do you have them there?

I have shared so much info about the twins to my daughter that has helped her in so many ways. Just knowing her children come with the same behaviors as other wounded kids gives her the energy to face another day. Don't think your twin trials / stories are of no benifit. Your sharing is appreciated.
However, When God speaks how blessed we are when we obey immediately.
I loved the comment...that you must have needed humbling since God has given it to you. If we keep the proper perspective of Gods best for us is always His plan, what else can we do besides go through it and hope we are fast learners.