Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eardrum Patch Coming Up

Took a quick run to Children's Hospital yesterday... if you can call 8 hours of travel and hanging out in the big city a quick run. Missy is going to have a mini-surgery to put a patch on the hole in her eardrum. The soonest we can get in for this is the middle of May. This will give her just enough time to heal before swimming season starts. And that's a good thing for this little fish.

We swung by REI. It's no side- trip. Going to REI for my hubby is like THE reason to go to the big city :-)  We came out with LOOT!!!   7 pairs of footwear to be exact. Okay, before you think we spent $700 - which would be easy for 7 pairs of shoes and boots in this particular store, let me tell you we shop the bargain bin. The other day I had a friend say, "Yeah, my husband checked out the bargain basement and all they had was used stuff!!!" Well, yes... it's a all returns and some of it is OLD and well worn out, but MOST of it has been purchased and returned almost right away and the price is a fraction of the usual costs. Christina fared well... She's all set for Africa so far as her feet go. She got a pair of KEEN hikers and KEEN town shoes to go along with her KEEN sandals. You'd think we were really into name brands. We aren't really, but I have to say those hikers are the most comfortable boots I've ever tried on. Steve and Brianna managed to find needed shoes and I picked out two brand new pairs of rainboots for my nieces, plus a pair of KEEN walking shoes, and the grand total of our shopping spree should have come to $150.00 because of the big discounts, but it came to $0. I LIKE that kind of shopping!!! My husband has finally convinced me that an REI card is a good idea.

The twins were perfect little angels all day.

No comments: