Thursday, March 3, 2011

When You Rent a Trailer...

You have to make sure you use it to the fullest...

So, we rented a trailer to bring home these huge awnings we were given to build a greenhouse with. They were huge enough to need a 20 foot trailer. Christina and I quick cleared out the barn and the garage of all the things that seem to accumulate without our permission and loaded the trailer full of stuff for the dump. Next Dad and I went and took apart a jungle gym swing that someone was giving the twins and carted that home. The trailer was only returned 2 and half hours late, but they didn't charge us a cent extra, thankfully.

The twins are very excited about their swing set. They can't wait till we set it up and begged all afternoon.

Brianna is very excited about her greenhouse. She turns 16 tomorrow and she asked for a greenhouse. If you think that's odd, you have to know this isn't just any girl! For example on her 13th birthday she asked for a bee hive and a package of bees. You just never know what she'll get interested in next. Once she received a box of chicks. Another time she got the cutest little button quail. She's had chukkars and Bobwhites and garden shovels for gifts.

I'm very excited the snow melted today.

Week of prayer is going well except that the CD recorder is not working, so bummer, we don't have all the sermons for review and Dad is preaching on some heavy subjects that really do take more than a one time hearing to wrap my brain around fully.

Missy is struggling with control issues. Give the child a quarter inch and she'll take 3 miles... I have to keep a tight watch on her. It's so downright sad when unreasonableness takes over. One absolutely has to chalk it down as such 'cause there's no rhyme nor reason in the thought processes. I have to say she made a good turn around today, though. I try to be as straightforward and no-nonsense as possible showing no stress or distress for her to feed on. I completely understand that her goal is to cause a scene to gain control. Not in so many words, but it's attention getting. This morning, after the first few things we tried meant to put an end the behavior didn't work,  I did my best to insulate her from any and all attention from the rest of the family. She had me and me only to deal with for awhile and a couple solitary jobs to fulfill. Next thing we knew she was pleasant enough to integrate back into the goings on. She had already lost the privilege of going to prayer meeting, though, and that for some reason was the end of the world.  Buster has been happy all the time.

We managed to clear out a closet or two of sewing supplies and fabrics this afternoon. Mom is filling a container for Africa and her sewing school students will put to good use my over abundant stashes. I didn't keep much of it. It feels so good to give away stuff I am not using to simplify and declutter. And it all started with renting a trailer...

No comments: