Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Evening Prayer

Missy came to me a half hour or so after earning a tiny little treat
for choosing to be pleasant all day. 
She said all excited,
"I gain favor today!!!"

LOL! Yup. You sure did.

She's really truly connecting our well-used scripture text to her life, unprompted....
Good understanding gains favor, but the way of the transgressor is hard. 
Proverbs 13:15

Her prayer at worship:

Thank you God I not lie today. I not disobey today. Thank you for new heart today.  Tomorrow I new heart. In Jesus name, amen.

And wonder of wonders,
she never even asked to go to prayer meeting tonight. 
She just decided to accept my decision without question.
Unbelievable.

I made a loaf of gluten-free bread today. I don't always make it because I find the brown rice flour isn't helpful in keeping little Missy regular. It's very critical that we keep things going. Well, I didn't realize how much they miss plain old peanut butter and jam sandwiches.  The both of them were beyond thrilled and the loaf isn't lasting.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

PB&J...Jackson's favorite food.

We were talking in the van today about what our favorite food is and without hesitation Jackson said, "Peanut butter and jelly sandwich".

When he is really upset I can make him a PB&J and give him water with it and it helps him calm down. Might tell me something about what he ate ALOT.

Mama in Uganda said...

What a joy to see fruit in the lives of our children!

Thank you JESUS.

Blessings and love,
Summer

~marci~ said...

Awesome! Your perseverance is bearing fruit.Be strong in the Lord...