Monday, March 14, 2011

Hard Day with the Twins

I don't know what's up.

Buster refuses to answer the simplest questions like, "What are you doing?"

He was outside and I couldn't see him and I wandered all around looking for him and when I did find him and asked him what he was doing he refuse to answer.  We went through quite a trial to get to the bottom of it. Turns out he was just playing with the hitch on the back of the suburban pretending to hook up a trailer. I explained that it was fine to play with it so long as no one was using the car... all I wanted to know was what was he doing? so that I could know he was playing safe. He also needs to answer me out of respect.

He didn't get the message.

I saw him with his hands in his sister's hair I asked him what he was doing - and he refused to answer. I didn't know if he was annoying her or curious about her hair ties. . .  it was just a simple, "Whatcha doing?" kind of question.

Missy just didn't feel like obeying. Period.

She's had a lot of time-out. She is now coloring and needs to stay under my radar for a long while .

We'll just chalk it up as one of those days...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Do you think it could be due to the one year mark?

acceptance with joy said...

no, the one year mark was 14 days ago. It's just a little testing to see if things have changed any.... They haven't. I'm still the same tough old gal I've been :-)

Really truly... life is so much calmer lately that I half expected some kind of testing to start up.

They are very subdued right at the moment. Looking at books and doing puzzles.

Mama in Uganda said...

Its called "the flesh." Something that even adults battle with.

We all have tough days.

Blessings upon you Mama,
S

Kelly said...

I try really hard not to ask the "what are you doing?" question and the "why are you doing that?" question. Someone advised that in my comments on my blog one time and I have really tried not to do that. It has helped. Instead, I ask exactly what I want to know, "Buster, are you playing safely?" or "Buster are you pestering your sister or are you curious about her hair bows?" I have found that due to the lack of communication skills that my two have even if they knew the answer in their mind of what they are doing they don't know how to answer. Plus the fact that my two are scared to death of getting in trouble and will lie at the drop of a hat to keep from getting in trouble and this method helps them tell the truth. Learning along the way. Still have a lot to learn but just wanted to pass along what someone else shared with me.