Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today has NOT been a good day at all.

Little Miss is not cooperative in the least. Everything I do or say is taken by her as a challenge to a fight.

I was doing okay for awhile but after several hours of the nonsense I had HAD it! And I let her know, too. Told her to go away and not even to talk to me. I was so frustrated. I walked away and left her to figure out her own problems.

I, of course, felt horrible immediately afterwards, but not enough to call her back. I was afraid of what else I might say.

So, what did she do?

She put on her pajamas on and put herself to bed and went right to sleep!

A few hours before I had put her to bed, too... but of course, it wasn't her idea so she fought it.

I need a boatload of patience that I don't have. I'm crying out to the Lord for wisdom and help. I want to head off one those 10 hour or ten day stand offs that are all too familiar but she's SOOOOOO determined! She was utterly disrespectful to Steve  yesterday and disobedient to the PT teacher. One speech teacher is discouraged with her, the other can't get her to cooperate in the least.

I"m off to see to a mad little boy.

ACK!

PS. He got over it quick. I haven't faced her yet. She's playing dolls in the bedroom.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so sorry. I can so relate to this but I will say we are doing great. Hang in there and just know this won't last forever. Once they are adopted things will change. It has made a world of difference around here. Hope you are able to finalize really soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie, We're thinking of you! His grace will be sufficient for you and your weak points will eventually become your strong points. the miracle of grace. Even for the twins. Antionette