Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Living Faith

We are playing catch-up big time around here and we received another dump of snow so don't really have time for "chatting" on my blog but I did want to share the quote that I've been meditating on. I think I may have posted it before, though I sadly fall short of living the reality of the truth expressed but "I press towards the mark of the high calling of God..."


The Father's presence encircled Christ, 
and nothing befell Him but that which infinite love permitted for the blessing of the world. 
Here was His source of comfort, 
and it is for us
He who is imbued with the Spirit of Christ abides in Christ. 
The blow that is aimed at him falls upon the Savior who surrounds him with His presence. 
Whatever comes to him comes from Christ. 
He has no need to resist evil, for Christ is his defense. 
Nothing can touch him except by our Lord's permission, 
and "all things" that are permitted "work together for good to them that love God." 

{Romans 8:28} Mount of Blessings, pg 71

No comments: