Monday, September 20, 2010

Wondering

Steve was wondering if this regression in behavior is on account of the social worker coming to do paperwork with us and also my discussing adoption with them. I also talked to them about their last name changing to be the same as ours.  At first I was like, no way... they don't even act like they understand what that means, but maybe it's simmering in their thought processes. They both woke up with a hint of self-defense in their eyes.  It's to be expected to have a rough day. They both went to bed later than usual, they want to see the new baby ducklings but the mama duck is NOT letting anybody see her tribe this morning, and we have no car  and in their minds that means we are STUCK at home. Funny! I love days when I don't have to go anywhere.... they still want to be on the go all the time.  I read in the piles of papers that the last foster mom said they were best behaved when she was out on the town, so she was out on the town .... I'm a homebody. We have school work to attend to, a house all out of order to right, and pears and tomatoes to can.

Steve was working on a project in the garage yesterday. He was painting a shelf he was building for Brianna's little desk corner. Buster kept saying, "Dad, that's pretty awful." Over and over he'd ride in on his bike take a look at the project and say, "Dad, that's pretty awful."  Steve was puzzled, I mean what was so bad about it?  Finally, he asked, "Do you mean awfully pretty?"  "Yes, Dad, that's awful pretty!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting caught up on your blog...I can feel all your up's and downs. You are doing a tremendous job! We missed you at church. I feel like I haven't seen you forever! I am longing to talk to you. How are you? When does choir start? We have been listening to the new CD and it's bringing back great memories and joy from myself and the children. I can't wait to sit and visit with you. God Bless you, dear friend! KM

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steve! We should all always think the best of others' actions and words. Antionette