Friday, September 17, 2010

Brands Plucked from the Burning

Read the kiddo's files late into the evening. 
These children are brands plucked from the burning. 
They hadn't a chance in the world, 
not one in a million! 
Some of my suspicions are confirmed. Some of what I read helps make sense of what I see. Some things make me wonder why no one did anything sooner.
The stories are heartbreaking and hard to read,
but the progress they have made since is amazing considering.!!!
 I am sad
but I am glad.
It could have been worse or prolonged or they could have been left to grow up in that environment to become the next generation to create another generation just like the last several.. . .  
They could have been left with no hope,
no future,
nothing to live for,
except themselves 
repeating the shameful cycle of ignorance, neglect and violence,
or to be institutionalized eventually.

BUT

instead,
God saw fit to save them and give them a hope in Him.
The work of breaking the chains that bind them is hard, 
sometimes painful, and has it's ups and downs,
but for the most part it has it's rewards.
These kids are learning to be happy,
peaceful, joyful, learning to serve, and most of all learning to 
behold the LAMB of GOD that 
takes away the sin
and changes them from the inside out.

There are NO regrets on our part.

I found out who Buster looks like, and I mean LOOKS LIKE!!! 
I typed a name into the computer and a photo popped up that is pretty amazing.
(It isn't his bio-dad. There are no leads on him). 
I saved those pictures and will tuck them away in the file just in case someday this kiddo needs to know who he looks like.

Today is busy. I made a ton of practice cd's for choir. I've got to get my act together and start choir up again. I filled out paperwork for Brianna. Her bills are starting to fit into the "catastrophic" category. One of the blood tests cost $950! EEEEYOW!!! 
I have boxes of pears ready to can, but we have a wedding rehearsal this afternoon so don't know if I'll get to it today or not. The girls are playing harp, violin and flute at this outside wedding Sunday. (Well, okay, make that mostly harp and flute... the violinist is doing good to play one song).
I have a whole lot of paperwork to do for Christina's schooling. Don't know what happened there .... why am I just getting to that now? Anyway, her online teacher is grand-daughter -in-law to the people who started International Children's Care. Which is really cool, because we support three orphans through that program.
I best quit "talkin" and git workin!

4 comments:

:)De said...

I love the part of the story after the BUT. I always tell my children that God put them on this earth for a reason and that His plan will be fulfilled and He will get the GLORY. My kindergartener has been praying this week asking God to "show me Your plan for my life." I grin so hard at his faith.

Peace

Dee said...

Praise the Lord that He is the God who sees us! Thanking God that they (Missy and Buster) are in your lives right now! Praying for God's provisions for everything that is needed!

Blesssings!

Dee

Dee said...

Left you a little something at my blog. :)

Holly said...

Hi there! Glad you found me, and I'm glad I found you!

-Holly : )