Sunday, September 5, 2010

One of THOSE TMI Posts

Sorry! It's my blog. You go right ahead and skip this entry. In case you don't know what TMI is, it means, TOO MUCH INFORMATION. That fits this post completely.

So, after a string of "untidy" underwear accidents for no other reason than unwillingness to use the toilet unless forced absolutely required for the big jobs, Little Missy is being given full control of her destiny in this area - starting tomorrow! I will no longer tell her to go at a certain time. Yes, it's on her accountable kids peg board to remind her, but after a whole weekend of changing underwear over and over and hiding them (unsuccessfully, I might add) rather than taking care of the problem in the bathroom I've decided it's time for her to start being responsible to read her own body cues. Lest you think she's pooping in her pants - it's not as bad as all that, she's just not going to the bathroom when she needs to and trying to hold it and the underwear is smeared. It's true, we are eating straight out of the garden and orchards. . . one visit a day to the "twilight" is insufficient... All plums and prunes and those delectable pluots are banned from this child forever!~ Poor kid. That's all I'm eating these days.

Really truly she's on her own. The consequences for not taking her body hint in time will be the same as that of Buster's for peeing his pants, which by the way, he has pretty much quit doing. (He even earned his underwear back.) Little Miss will be required to clean up her mess, shower and will get to stay in her room the rest of the day since she'll have used up her allotment of underpants for the day. I think over all, Buster only spent parts of about 4 or 5 days in his room over a month's time. He quickly learned to only pee in his pants when he was away from home.  :-) Okay, so he still does that on occasion.Most notable is his great pleasure in wetting his pants in the doctor's office.

Missy's a smart kiddo. She's shown me in the past that she can do this.... so, the ball is in her court. I'm pretty sure this is a control issue. In fact, we had a tough morning this morning as a result of her desire for control and I won't be controlled. Her rage was not pretty. She lost on all counts. Sorry, kiddo. I'm the mom around here and I aim to keep my job.

No comments: