Friday, September 10, 2010

At the Fair

Little Missy was beside herself with excitement last night. I'm sure she dreamed of the fair all night, which would be interesting since she didn't know what a fair was. She knew of course, that there are chickens and rabbits and horses there, but when she told me she couldn't wait to see the bears, I knew she hadn't a clue what a county fair was. She was a dream child all day yesterday. Her dimples were showing all day. She smiled and chatted and played and cuddled very cheerfully ALL day! So, she is at the fair right now, in her coveralls and pigtails cleaning up after her chickens. Later we'll all go as a family and visit all the animals.

Little Miss sat on my lap and told me all about her hour at speech. This was very interesting. Since she never goes anywhere without us there's always someone to talk for her, but I leave her at speech alone for optimal concentration and it's the most amazing thing; she told me she fished, she caught three fish and the teacher caught 5. The fishes mouths open and close, open and close (and she demonstrated with her mouth).. She talked about a story of a little boy sick in bed, then he had a bath because he was very dirty all over his face and all over his shirt and got washed up. He played outside and picked apples. - Amazing! All this from a kid who "can't" communicate. I was thrilled.You can bet I listened very intently and drew this talking session out as long as possible.

No comments: