Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Almost Bedtime

The clock reads 7:56 and I'm counting the minutes until 8:30. A few nights ago I resolved not to put the twins in bed before 8:30 anymore. Ending their day at 7 PM when they first arrived, and for the first 6 months, proved to be a good idea. It worked for me. I needed it as much as they did. When the learning curve was steep and their little brains were exhausted from all the new expectations and changes in their lives, going to bed and staying there for 12 hours showed itself to be a good plan. The routine is established now. The expectations are in place. Nothing is very new anymore. We're still learning at a quick pace, but it has a kind of rhythm to it and bedtime and wake time is providing opportunities to get into trouble, because the kiddos are not as tired as they used to be. So, anyway, it's now 8:10 and it took me more than 10 minutes to write that measly little paragraph because the twins are sitting at the desk drawing and coloring and insisting on TALKING my head off. Did I ever mention how hard it is for me to write when someone is looking over my shoulder? I just can't do it!!! (even if they can't read.)

We drove three hours to yonder city to have both children's eyes checked at Dr. Wylie's Advanced Eye Care Center. We were there for quite a LONG time. We came home with our heads buzzing with new information on children who have experienced trauma, neglect and over-medication and how that can effect their vision (not eyesight) and their learning, etc... We are starting some new therapies and Missy gets new prism glasses (not to help her see better but to retrain her brain). Oh my! There is so much to talk about, but now that it's 8:16 I will head the kiddos up the wooden hill to finish up the last of the night time routine and then it's GOODNIGHT!

Will share more later.

No comments: