Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blanketet and Jacketet

Spent time reading a story to Little Miss - just the two of us tonight. She really, really struggles with concentration. She's very "audio" challenged. She can hear what is important to her, she just has never learned to really listen well. This storybook has beautiful pictures so we took our time reading the story and discussing the pictures. I had her point out the characters of the story and asked to her tell me what she saw. She really did try to listen. In fact, she shifted her eyes to my face during the most intense parts of the story so she wouldn't miss the visual clues.  No one was home but her twin who was already in bed so it was quiet. I felt encouraged. I'll read her that book over and over and see if we can build on what we've started tonight.  The story mentioned quilts so I wanted her to understand that quilts are blankets and her threw a lap quilt over her legs to help her get the feel. She called it a blanketet. Over and over I tried to help her say blanket to absolutely no avail. I even promised a small green, heart shaped candy if she could say it, but alas she could NOT remember long enough to repeat me. She couldn't say jacket either. It was jacketet.

Brother twin is in bed early for stomping on the dog's toes with his shoes on. I'm not sure what to do... all week he's been either deliberately hurting his sister or the dog or the cat. His sister gets the worst of it. I wish the cat would teach him a lesson... there's more hope in that than the old golden retriever putting him in his place.  If his sister dare retaliates she's in trouble, too, so I'm really hoping the cat will teach him a lesson. He tried to hurt the dog in front of about 6 teenage girls and a couple of adults. It was sort of like, "watch me!"  - What??????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I think our communication lines are broken somewhere so i'll just post a short message here and you can delete it. I've been sending you e-mails but perhaps you're not getting it. The 'outfit' is a perfect fit! I'm very thankful! Thank you for the gift! The girls are also happy about their beautiful jackets you bought and I'm busy reading the good book you sent! thanks - i appreciate it very much. Okay, hope you get this! Antionette