Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Go Figure

I'm not sure what's going on exactly. Missy's decided to see what I would do if she wets her pants.  She's done it a half dozen times in the last few days for no reason - and usually directly after I ask her if she needs a break to go potty. So far I haven't reacted much. I'm hoping it will just go away. Somebody please tell me it will!!

Are you tired of her one liners? Sorry, I'm keeping a record of my favorite new sentences. Last night she was playing with a magnet/ marble game on the fridge and she couldn't get the tracks set quite right to keep from losing the marbles, but instead of her usual, "I can't know how to do dis"  line she said, "I don't know how to figure out how.....  um..... how to set this up."

It's the other speech class, ot and pt today and then choir.

5 comments:

:)De said...

Isn't amazing how they just take off with the speech! I think you said the other day, "...like turning on a switch.."

Jenny said...

I am so happy for you and the twins. It sounds like the switch has been "turned on"

Kelly said...

Yeah for the speech improvement!!! Not so yeah for the pee. Sorry.

Dee said...

Hmm? Maybe the positive praise for the speech is making her want to test her limits again...maybe she is just anxious. (ignore me, I'm just trying to think outloud and maybe make some sense of it...)

Oldqueen44 said...

My nine year old adopted grand daughter tried this a couple weeks ago. There has never been a problem in this area before. My daughter put her in a diaper and made her wear it for a couple days. She is home schooled so there weren't any peer issues to deal with. However my daughter told her that if she tried that stunt again she would be wearing it to church and she would have to tell the other girls she was wearing a diaper. So far the threat has worked. We think she tried it because it is the form of punishment her older (handicapped) brother uses when he gets mad at mom for something.