Monday, September 27, 2010

Beds are Made!

LOL!

We got through the bedmaking without a fiasco this morning!

Thank you LORD!

Yesterday during the upheaval over the bed thing in Buster's room I prayed with him and told him that HE COULD make the bed right because I have seen him do it before and that God would help Him if he asked. He did pray and he prayed for a new heart and help to make the bed. When I prayed I thanked God that Buster had hands that would make a bed, legs that could walk around a bed, strength to pull up the blankets and a smart brain to get the task accomplished. I also thanked the Lord that he had a bed to make, that he had a room for a bed, a house to live in and a family to love him and give him what he needs.

Things turned around. He made the bed beautifully.
Then we knelt once more and thanked the Lord for helping him do such a good job. I also pointed out that since he just showed me that the bed could be made well that I knew tomorrow and the next day and forever he would not have any reason to not make it perfectly again.

This morning when I announced bed making time he instantly clouded over and refused to look me in the eye.  I waited for eye contact then reminded him of his success the day before. I reminded him of the help he has in Jesus and then I left the room and shut the door. Ten minutes later I checked in to find him playing on the floor with a truck. The bed was perfect. The stuffed animals placed just right and all the pillows lined up nicely.

Who'd a thought I'd write a whole blog post on the trials of making a bed?
Thanks to our God, that this is a positive post.

No comments: